Hi babies! I am Kelly Q E Hudson, a 30-year-old full-grown woman. I am a writer/producer for original content on AdultSwim.com (The Trash Heap, folks!) and a performer at the UCB Theatre. I live in Brooklyn Heights. You are officially filled in. Now look at the things I post.
My dear sweetheart Dan Klein wrote a HILARIOUS movie trailer starring Nick Kroll, Kumail Nunjiani, Penny Marshall, Fred Willard, Andree Vermeulen, and Fred Melamed.
Still trying to figure out what the fuck I’m supposed to do this year since MY BOYFRIEND IS JEWISH AND I AM NOT.
This song still puts me in a great mood even though I associate it with people choking to death on Smilex gas.
Everyone saw that Justin Timberlake retweeted a tweet that my name was mentioned in, right!? Okay. Just checking. thanks rejectedjokes :)
Creamy Farro with Sausage and Butternut Squash
- 2 cups of instant farro, rinsed and strained
- 1 hillshire farm smoked sausage
- 1/2 medium sized butternut squash cut into small cubes (yields 3 cups once squared)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 parmesan, freshly grated
- 3 cups of water
- salt and pepper to tasteHillshire Farm approached me with a fun opportunity to create a seasonal, quick, and easy recipe using their smoked sausage. When I think of this time of year, my mind always goes to butternut squash. You’ve all heard me rant about how much I love it, and I thought it would pair really nicely with the sausage. So I decided to venture out from the typical butternut squash risotto…everyones favorite. I thought, why not take that staple of a dish, and make it more exciting and different. Using farro was a great replacement to risotto rice, a healthy one at that. And by adding sausage which is such an easy addition, it makes for a great hearty dinner, and it barley takes any time to make.In a deep sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. Once melted and slightly bubbling, add the minced shallot. Sautee in the butter till translucent, then add the cut butternut squash. Let that cook for about 2 minutes.Add the washed faro, some salt and pepper, and stir. Once the faro is well mixed with the shallots and butternut squash, add the 3 cups of water and cover. Keep the water at a constant boil for about 10-15 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the faro is cooked.While the faro is cooking, slice your sausage a half an inch thick. Heat up a medium sized frying pan on medium heat, and pan fry the sliced sausage till crispy and golden on each sides. About 5-8 minutes. Once the sliced sausage is done, transfer to a paper towel covered plate as to absorb any access oil.When the faro and butternut squash are cooked and tender, bring the stove to a very low heat, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, heavy cream, and parmesan. Mix well, till the cream has slightly thickened, and butter and cheese is melted. About 1 minute. Turn off heat, and mix in the crispy slices sausage and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Taste, and add more cheese if desired.Tip* When serving, garnish with fresh minced parsley, and more grated parmesan.
HILLSHIRIN’ IT UP! Way to go, girl. This looks delicious.
Baron Davis is going to make this girl a street-ball star, whether she wants him to or not.
My best friend Emily fucking nailed it in this video that she starred in with a fucking NBA basketball player. Also she wrote it with my boyfriend Dan Klein. HEAVEN!!!!